Friday, March 9, 2007

Well to explain......

Allie (if you were to ask anyways) would paint a picture that I am too strict. We recently discussed punishment and what will happen. As everyone knows, a brat isn't a brat until it goes too far. Allie and I talked about what would get her in trouble and what the consequences would be. First I explained that yes she could be playful but when I say enough or stop, I mean it. Also the 3 D's will get her a punishment as well. She was also made aware of certain other things that are not going to be tolerated.

So you are wondering what her punishment is? I feel that she will get the belt until I feel that she has learned her lesson. That will involve tears and crying and a lot of pain. But what am I to do? Was I the one to act up? She hates the belt and on top of that I have the begining of arthritis in my hands. I can go for about 15-20 good swats with my hands and I am spent. I have learned through reading the worst thing I can do is to "assign" either a certain amount of swats or a certain length of time.

We are just starting a large commitment to a LDD lifestyle. Yes as I read more and more posts, blogs, and books I am learning what to do as HOH. However I would like to know from some of you is how do you address certain situations. What to do when you have a child in the house? Also what about rules in your house. Are they numerous or a just a few rules that have a broader reach.

Tomorrow she has a punishment for not only Monday night. (Read the post below for that info) Also she disrespected me by not asking if I was going to wear a sweatshirt that I wanted to wear to work. I know she will be as red or even more red than the first photos.

Now don't get me wrong, It might seem severe. I believe though that the punishment must fit the crime(s). And for her, it is the only way I will break her of the brat attitude. She isn't a perfect angel, however sisnce Tuesday morning, I haven't had any problems or bratting this week.

Well I'm off to bed........

Alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I will remember everything you asked about in the post, but I'll answer what I can.

You asked about kids in the house--I have 4 kids (ages 4-13) and we have to hold off on punishments until they are in bed or at their dad's house. When the kids are home and in their beds John will choose a quiet implement (like the cane or the loopy johnny thingy). A few times He has taken me to the bedroom and shut the door for a few strokes of the cane in the middle of the day.

Rules--the main rules are
1. Be honest
2. Be respectful
3. Be obedient
We do have other rules that are custom tailored to me and my health (I have Crohn's Disease). I did a post about my rules on my blog a couple of months ago (I think it's on my "old" blog http://emiliegirl.livejournal.com).
We don't let the rules dictate everything, though. John has a brain and thankfully He chooses to use it to determine whether discipline is needed or not.

While I have to be respectful that doesn't mean He won't allow me to be playful. I may get a playful spanking in the process, but it is all in good fun.

I put videos on our "new" blog recently (http://emiliegetsspanked.blogspot.com) that show punishments I received for neglecting my health and being disobedient. The videos show our dynamic a bit...and that He cherishes my "spirit"!

Hope that helps a little.

Emilie